Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Google Search Experience

Google search was semi-helpful, in that it did get me thinking about more ways to approach my topic. I have chosen to write about the Bible prompt for my issues paper, and the focus should be the LDS church because we are supposed to pretend that our piece is being written for an LDS audience. But when I googled, "why the KJV" I also found an interesting scholarly article written for a baptist website. I thought it could add a cool perspective to my paper if I could learn more about how the KJV is received by other Christian faiths that use it. There was another very helpful article that I found from Google that was actually published in the Ensign many years ago that spoke about why the Church uses the KJV. I thought that was very fortunate. I found that Google could be helpful, but that it also came up with a bunch of results that were not quite what I was looking for. The other results were kind of distracting, because they were a bit interesting but if I used them, I would stray too far off from the main subject of my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment